The purpose of this program is to help prevent homelessness. The program provides emergency assistance to an individual or family facing eviction or transitioning from our Emergency Shelter program into permanent housing.
The rental assistance is a one-time payment made directly to the landlord for people who cannot pay their rent due to a personal emergency or a situation beyond their control.
**Due to COVID funding, we are not accepting rental assistance applications at this time. Please follow instructions below**
- Visit portalapps.nd.gov/dhsps/emergency-rent and submit your information to find out if you may qualify.
- NEED HELP APPLYING? Click to view a list of Approved Application Counselors who can help you apply.
- If you are likely to qualify, you will be notified by email about the next steps in the application process and will be able to upload needed documents (lease, past due rent notice, employment paystubs and other documents).
- This confirmation can be presented to your housing provider as proof that you have applied for rent help.
- Please check your "Junk" mailbox if you haven't received an email within 24 hours.
- If you are approved for ND Rent Help, you will be notified.